Friday, November 16, 2012

Ruffled Goodness

I recently bought a new Sew Serendipity
bag pattern.....Lola Gypsy Bag 

And it is now my FAVORITE bag of all time!!!!
I have one of Kay's books and many of her patterns
and I have to say they are the best. I get the best fit 
when I use her patterns. Sometimes I use them completely
as written....and other times they are the inspiration and the 
basic foundation of my project. 


This one is a fun pattern for sure.
I did ad trim to the top of my upper ruffle because
I sewed them on differently the how it is done in the pattern.
I am trying to use up my fabric stash and didn't want to buy anything
for this bag.....therefore my fabric weight is a little heavier than is ideal.
I also used a lightweight houdstooth canvas for the bag body and didn't use any additional
interfacing for the bag itself. For inside pockets....I line both sides of the lining with an 8" deep pocket
across the entire width of the front and back, that is then sectioned into three pockets each side, for a total of
6 wonderful, deep pockets for keeping pens, cell phone, lipstick,calender, and such organized. 
I will be carrying this one for a long time....I think I need a few more perhaps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment